Shakespeare was WRONG!! “To be or not to be” was NEVER the question. The question is, was, and will always be… to dream or not to dream.
First, let’s talk about “dreams”, and exempt all those non-dreams; the “wants”, the “desires”, the “it would be kinda neat to…” etc. Because a REAL dream is something that drives you every waking moment of your life, realigns your self discipline, and compels you to recalibrate your “give up” point. Dreams are the things that move otherwise stationary people so much so… that they just keep on going. REAL dreams defy logic, but it’s the faulty logic that comes from underestimating one’s abilities. REAL dreams require unreasonable actions, and that is why I despise reasonableness with zenith of gusto.
No man would ever become exceptional if not for his willingness to be unreasonable in the pursuit of his dreams.
You see, as humans, our default setting is to imagine. It’s what we do. The magic, however, comes in the doing; the pursuit and ultimately the realization of those mental images, that only in hindsight… turns them into dreams. And THIS, is where 95% of our contemporaries don’t even show up. As I’ve said before, the metrics for humanity are that only 5% of us will actively & persistently set out to build our dreams. The remaining 95% will be hired by the other 5%… to help them build theirs.
No one can ever affect your life like you can.
So, get busy shining yours, or get paid to shine theirs… until tomorrow.
-Sean Patrick Flanery